New IT Developments Make Work Easier
(Text in English only 本文只提供英文版)
The SMARTER@HKU IT Task Force has introduced several initiatives to streamline IT support work, enhance data security, free up office space and reduce cost as part of the SMARTER@HKU University-wide modernisation. The new projects will make computing faster and our work easier:
- Cloud-based Website Content Management System – The new CMS enables departments to set up websites with simple drag and drop tools, over 500 templates and 250 add-on features Learn more
- Audio Visual Standards – The new AV standards are available to help departments to acquire and manage AV facilities more efficiently Learn more
- Common Facilities Booking System – The new system will automate the facilities booking process, and enables colleagues and students to reserve rooms online anywhere, anytime Learn more
- Virtual PCs – Wider use of virtual PCs will save space and set-up time, provide the most up-to-date versions of software, and ensure higher security protection Learn more
- University-wide ITS Cloud Deployment – Wider use cloud-based storage will save departments' efforts in procurement and server setup, free up office space, and keep data secure Learn more
ITS invites department representatives to join several upcoming training sessions to learn more about the new developments and get hands-on experience. Details can be found at http://www.its.hku.hk/SMARTER-IT#trainingsessions.
For more information on the new IT developments, visit the ITS website at http://www.its.hku.hk/SMARTER-IT.
(This webpage was updated on May 20, 2019)
New IT developments: