Professional Services Award Completed with Great Success
On April 3, 2019, SMARTER@HKU organised a Celebration Gathering to recognise the awardees and finalists of the Professional Services Individual and Team Award 2018 and to celebrate their outstanding contribution in professional services.
Hosted by Executive Vice-President (Administration & Finance) Dr Steven Cannon, the event was attended by the award recipients and finalists, their nominators and family members, judges and colleagues from across the University.
Our awardees and finalists were presented with certificates of recognition. They took the opportunity to thank each other for working together to bring the University to higher levels of success in professional services.
Highlights of Celebration Gathering (3'31")
Remark by Dr Steven Cannon (10'03") - Download transcript
Dr Cannon congratulated all awardees and finalists for their achievements in professional services. He remarked that to build and lead an agile organisation, leaders should develop a creative mindset to foster the culture of innovation, collaboration and value creation.
Highlights of photos
Dr Steven Cannon and the Professional Services Individual Award recipient and finalists (from left to right):
- Mr Billy Wong, IT Officer, Data and Security Team, Information Technology Services;
- Dr Leon Lei, E-learning Technologist, Technology-Enriched Learning Initiative. Dr Leon Lei is the Individual Award recipient;
- Dr Chan Mee Lee, Assistant Director, Centre for Sports and Exercise;
- Ms Sun King Chung, IT Officer, User Services Team, Information Technology Services;
- Dr KU Kam Ming, Associate Librarian, Digital Development and Technology Support Services, University Libraries
Dr Steven Cannon and the HKU Exercise is Medicine on Campus (EIM@HKU) Project Team. The Team is the Team Award recipient.
Dr Steven Cannon and the Student e-Portfolio Development Project Team.
Dr Steven Cannon and the Multimedia Team of the Technology-Enriched Learning Initiative.
Dr Steven Cannon and the SMARTER@HKU IT Organisation and Processes Task Force.
Dr Steven Cannon and the Computer Aided Facilities Management Upgrade Project Team.
Read the outstanding stories
The recipients of the Individual and Team Awards were honoured at the HKU Excellence Awards Presentation Ceremony 2018 held on March 29, 2019. Read details.